[Rake-devel] Bug? Shell output does not get printed in latest Rake releases

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 22:43:41 EDT 2008

On Nov 1, 2008, at 3:44 PM, Hongli Lai wrote:
>> Is this a bug? I think it is, but according to 'git blame', this
>> behavior was added in commit 5bf0bd6b2accbe, which dates back to
>> April 2008.
> Any word on this?

I've check the behavior for as far back as I could run with the
current version of Ruby (version 0.7.3 from april of last year), and
the verbose behavior is consistent with today's behavior.

I suspect that verbose was the default in early versions of rake, and
the options comment was never updated when that changed.

I'm leaning toward removing the "default" from the option description
and keeping the current behavior.  Do you have any problems with that?

-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich at gmail.com