[Rake-devel] timestamp checking is slow?

Mark Watson watsonmw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:16:23 EDT 2008

> Well, both changes improve, so why not apply both?

Totally agree that minimizing calls to File.mtime and File.exist is a
really good idea.  I'm a bit concerned that the changes above will
brake things for other rake users, so I favour having a special file
task with the optimizations for the time being.  The other option is
to think though all the cases and make sure the changes don't break
FileTask.  This is more work, but better in the long run :p