[Rake-devel] [NEWBIE] task prerequisits and failures

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Tue Jul 15 13:48:53 EDT 2008

Pardon my top posting, but the layout below is (at least for me) confusing.
It looks like Assaf Arkin has answered his own question and asked another.
Could people use the long established convention of preceding quoted lines
with "> " or "| ", please?

As far as I can see there is no command line option to tell rake that certain
tasks are considered up to date, so don't need executing.  ISTR Gnu make
can do that, so maybe split the rakefile, and invoke using gnu make? There's
probably a better answer, though.

         Hugh