[Rake-devel] Destroying and/or redefining a task

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 13:04:11 EST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008, at 12:08 PM, Adam Majer wrote:
> I hate to be replying to myself, but is there a way of redefining
> already defined tasks?
>
> I figured out that rake adds the task to the current list of items
> executed for that task label. I'm guessing the functionality to remove
> the task is not supplied and a patch required? (and welcome? :)

This has been a recent conversation in this list.  Redefining tasks
is a common request.  I'm considering several approaches, but am
looking for a way to make it easier for multiple plugins to work
together (rather than the last plugin to just clobber the previous one).

If you are looking for a particular patch, I think the list archives
has several solutions (http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rake-devel/).

-- jim.weirich at gmail.com