[Rake-devel] Non-ruby stuff in tarball + broken unit test

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 01:06:49 EST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Adam Majer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just noticed that the tarball for rake contains a bunch of MacOS
> specific files that nothing to do with ruby.

Thanks.  This is an annoying "feature" of the tar command on Macs
that is really annoying.  Especially so since it's invisible to me
unless I explicitly check for it.  I've updated my profile so it
shouldn't do this by default.

> Furthermore, the test/data/unittest/subdir directory is missing making
> the rakefile execution from a subdirectory unit test

Thanks, fixed.

 > Just a quick followup, the
 >
 >   Dir[ pattern ]
 >
 > results in reverse order on ext3 from ext2 or xfs in my testing. The
 > result is the unit tests fail on ext3.

FileList shouldn't assume any particular order.  That's a bug in the
test that is assuming too much.

-- jim.weirich at gmail.com