[Rake-devel] Suggestions, Patches and Unit Tests

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:28:06 EST 2008

Since the topic has been discussed somewhat on the mailing list, I
thought I would put forth my own preferences in these matters.

First of all, suggestions are always welcome.  They may or may not be
accepted, but I always love hearing suggestions on improvements to
Rake (or any other library I work on).

Patches supplied with suggestions are nice gesture.  If you can supply
a patch, feel free to do so.  If you can include unit tests with that
patch, then that is even better.  In fact, if you wish to supply unit
tests for a new feature, but no implementation, that is fine too.

In general, the lack of a patch (or unit tests) rarely have an impact
on the acceptance (or rejection) of a particular suggestion.  What
they *do* impact is how quickly you might see a particular suggestion
implemented.

Thanks to everyone who participates in the Rake discussions.

-- jim.weirich at gmail.com