[Rake-devel] Rakefile optional when using a rake directory

Adam Salter adam.q.salter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 04:57:44 EST 2008

On 26/02/2008, at 11:54 PM, Hugh Sasse wrote:

> This is what I'd really like to challenge.  Why && how?  There is a
> desire that open source spread because of its positive benefits.  If
> the only RFEs we will accept are from "customers" who can, are
> willing to, and have sufficient time to code, then this desire is
> "toast".  Clearly, too much, too far in the other direction wastes
> time, So the open source world needs to encourage people to make
> *intelligent* suggestions, which doesn't just mean code; evidence of
> use cases is an example of something that would be intelligent.

I will try not to jump so quickly on anybody who makes a request next
time... I agree it can be daunting for those new to the scene. I still
think a patch is the best way to get your changes made... and having
said that Rake is a developer tool, so requests are likely to come
from people who should be able to make a patch... ;) and often
preparation of a patch also helps the requester better understand what
they are asking for (I know it does for me)...

Best,
-Adam