[Rake-devel] Rakefile optional when using a rake directory

Adam Salter adam.q.salter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 07:04:27 EST 2008

I suspect you understand the actual tone with which my comment was
expressed (albeit a little hurriedly)...
Of course it's good to make a request. But it's only a request. A
request and a patch is better.
Generally in the "open source" world it is necessary to be "the change
you want to see". In other words if you really want to see something
done do it yourself. Submit a patch, _and_ discuss/request. We are all
busy people and I'm sure the principle maintainer, Jim, has his own
things to think about.

As it happens Transfire was quick to supply a patch of sorts, but I'm
not sure I like loading all files in a directory as rakefiles or
running without an explicit rakefile.
There is sake if you need it (http://errtheblog.com/posts/60-sake-bomb).
And Transfire could always patch his own version (or even fork rake)
if he really wants his functionality.