[Rake-devel] Rakefile optional when using a rake directory

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 22:57:20 EST 2008

On Feb 23, 2008, at 9:19 PM, Trans wrote:
> But of course that's not what I'd like to have either. It's isn't as
> useful that way --if I have a Rakefile it's a fairly simple mater of
> that if I want too. I'd like it so the Rakefile itself can be done
> without.  (Plus I don't like the name rakelib --all my other
> directories are 3-4 charchters long --picky I know ;-)

Use -R to change the name of rakelib to whatever you want.  If you
want to get rid of the Rakefile itself, create an empty file somewhere
convenient and use the -f option to specify it.  And since you
probably don't won't to type all that stuff out, create a small alias
or batch file for it.  All the tools are there.

-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich at gmail.com