[Rake-devel] Rakefile optional when using a rake directory

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 20:31:14 EST 2008

Hi--

I'd like to suggest a simple feature addition to Rake. I would like to
define rake tasks in a default subdirectory (preferably rake/) and
have rake automatically load any files in it having a .rake extension
when there is no Rakefile. If the Rakefile is present it would defer
to it and not automatically load them. So this would strictly be an
additional feature, and not cause any backward compatibility issues.

I would very much prefer this for keeping my project folders as
concise as possible. Right now nearly all my Rakefiles have but a
single line in them telling them to load from the subdirectory,
something which seems not all that uncommon these days. So it would be
very nice not to have to bother with the Rakefile at all in these
cases.

Thanks,
T.