[Rake-devel] Rake import VS JRuby import

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 11:31:31 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Jim Weirich <jim.weirich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone has pointed out that the top level import command in Rake conflicts
> with the JRuby import command.  They were wondering if the import command
> could be moved out of the global scope.
>
> I'm not sure how many people are using import currently, so I thought I
> would as here and get a feel.
>
> If I make the change, it would happen in Rake 0.9.  I would probably move it
> to something like Rake.import.  A command line option could be provided to
> provide backward compatibility (something the the --classic-namespace option
> currently supported by Rake).
>
> Any feedback?

I'm relying on the top level import for loading the tasks in rake-compiler:

http://github.com/luislavena/rake-compiler/tree/master/Rakefile#L23

But I guess using a simple 'load' will be enough.

Since it's the end of the Rakefile, I guess there is no benefit of
using import versus load for my case.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17