[Rake-devel] Rake import VS JRuby import

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 22:12:39 EST 2008

Someone has pointed out that the top level import command in Rake
conflicts with the JRuby import command.  They were wondering if the
import command could be moved out of the global scope.

I'm not sure how many people are using import currently, so I thought
I would as here and get a feel.

If I make the change, it would happen in Rake 0.9.  I would probably
move it to something like Rake.import.  A command line option could be
provided to provide backward compatibility (something the the --
classic-namespace option currently supported by Rake).

Any feedback?

-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich at gmail.com