[Rake-devel] Status of Rake for Windows?

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 22:04:17 EST 2008

On Dec 12, 2008, at 2:06 AM, James M. Lawrence wrote:

> Pull request sent to Jim.  I fixed a couple unrelated warnings/errors
> then dropped in my system() replacement to cover the remaining
> problems.  That skipped test is no longer being skipped.

Thanks for the hard work.  I've pulled and merged to main, and
triggered a github gem build.  I encourage folks to give it a look,
especially our windows users.

Thanks.

James, I looked over the changes, and originally found the
implementation to be a bit strange, as if you were patching rake
rather than modifying it.  Then I realized that you were purposefully
keeping the changes separate so that it might be used elsewhere.  Is
that an accurate assessment?

-- jim.weirich at gmail.com