[Rake-devel] ~/.rake file?

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 19:18:39 EDT 2008

On Aug 15, 2008, at 2:39 AM, Adam Salter wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have created a issue for this, with associated comments and patch:
> http://onestepback.org/redmine/issues/show/13
> It basically just needs:
> a) Windows testing.
> b) 1 test is currently failing and it's due to the fact that I
> couldn't work out how to properly mock the test... I'd really
> appreciate any help in this matter, and would be very happy to
> learn. The test is called 'test_load_from_system_rakefile' and it's
> in the patch. You can see what functionality it should have from the
> test, but as stated it doesn't work.

I'm in the midst of looking over this patch.  The thought occurs to me
that perhaps ~/.rake shouldn't be a file, but a directory where you
can drop xxx.rake files into.  This allows stuff from separate sources
to be integrated without hassle.

Also, I see you added '.rake' to the list of rakefile names.  I'm not
sure that is necessary, since we never find ~/.rake when searching for

-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich at gmail.com