[Rake-devel] Rake bug _ win 64

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Tue Aug 19 13:53:40 EDT 2008

Nobuyoshi Nakada suggests the following problem is due to a rake bug.
Currently I am unable to install hpricot on a win 64 system. See following
bug report with response from Nobuyoshi Nakada

Original Bug Report:

Looks like latest version of hpricot is not pathing correctly for installation
on win 64 systems which have both a C:\Program
Files and C:Program Files (86) directory. On the other hand correct path seems
to be followed to write the
gem_make.out file.

> gem install hpricot
Building native extensions. This could take a while
ERROR: Error installing hpricot

C:/Program Files (x86)/ruby/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb install hpricot
'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Gen files will remain installed in C:/Program Files (x86)/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/
1.8/gems/hpricot-0.6.161 for inspection.
Results logged to C:/Program Files (x86)/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/hpricot-
0.6.161/ext/fast_xs/gem_make.out

gem_make.out:
C:/Program Files (x86)/ruby/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb install hpricot
'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

extconf.rb in same directory:
require 'mkmf'
have_header('stdio.h') or exit
dir_config('fast_xs')
create_makefile('fast_xs')
postaddcomment21591  Add A Comment: Notepad

   Please  login

Submit
  Followup
Message
  Date: 2008-08-19 07:02
Sender: Nobuyoshi Nakada

I wrote "for *1.9*".
Rake isn't bundled with 1.8 and the gem is not my responsibiilty,
so you have to report the issue to the Rake project.
  Date: 2008-08-19 04:49
Sender: vizion communications

I am still getting same error. Have tried gem update rake.
This is not fixed for me - I am currently without hpricot.
Maybe I have missed something??

  Date: 2008-08-18 16:29
Sender: Nobuyoshi Nakada

Seems like an issue of rake.