[Rake-devel] ~/.rake file?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 03:41:54 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Adam Salter <adam.q.salter at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/08/2008, at 2:19 AM, Luis Lavena wrote:

Minimalist GNU for Windows:

GNU toolchain (GCC, make, binutils) that generate native binaries that
works on Windows. This suite is runtime compatible with Visual C tools
that link to MSVCRT.

So: you should care about it:

Both mswin and mingw runs on Windows:
(ruby -v)

ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [i386-mingw32]

Both are the same from the binary perspective, but for Ruby, they are
not (make instead of nmake, gcc.exe instead of cl.exe, etc.)

So that's why RUBY_PLATFORM have different "signature" across them.

Luis Lavena
disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams