[Rake-devel] ~/.rake file?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 12:19:59 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger at qwest.com> wrote:
> [...]

<further snip>

> Don't do this:
>
> PLATFORM =~ /win32/
>
> First, PLATFORM is deprecated instead of RUBY_PLATFORM. But, with the
> advent of alternative implementations like Jruby and IronRuby,
> RUBY_PLATFORM is no longer a wise approach. Jruby, for example, will
> return 'java' for the RUBY_PLATFORM, even if you're on Windows.
>
> Use rbconfig + host_os instead:
>
> require 'rbconfig'
>
> if Config::CONFIG['host_os'] =~ /mswin/I

Don't compare just to mswin either.

That bangs out not only MinGW (mingw) but also bccwin, which even has
no release in long time, there are some users interested in keeping it
running.

So basically, /mswin|mingw/ for your RUBY_PLATFORM needs will work
most of the time.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17