[Rake-devel] recursive task invocation

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:26:42 EDT 2008

On Aug 13, 2008, at 3:36 PM, Bennett, Patrick wrote:

> Perhaps, but even the slightest change in architecture of rake could
> have a huge ripple effect for anyone relying on how and when it
> decides
> to invoke and iterate tasks.  I've got a lot of code that dynamically
> creates tasks and adds prerequisites on the fly.  Changes like those
> discussed make me nervous.  :)

Hmmm.  I will confess that depending on a particular execution order
of tasks makes me a bit nervous.  (Mainly because I might accidently
break them on a version change).

This makes me think that I should clearly document exactly what
ordering rake will guarantee and when dependencies can be added or
not.   Conversations this weekend at the hoedown reminded me that
documenting Rakes application API would be a good idea as well.

-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich at gmail.com