[Rake-devel] Using rules (as opposed to tasks) with multiple dependencies

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 03:55:09 EDT 2008

On Aug 7, 2008, at 1:43 AM, Assaf Arkin wrote:

> Github runs a gem server, you can make development gems available
> directly from there:
>
> http://gems.github.com/

Thanks for reminding me of that.  I've updated the rake repo to
generate an 0.8.1.5 rake.  You will have to do the following to get it:

   $ gem sources -a http://gems.github.com (you only have to do this
once)
   $ sudo gem install jimweirich-rake

[regarding github gems]

Hmmm... I'm not sure I like the gem package renaming.  That is bound
to cause confusion.

And will it generate a new package with version 0.8.1.5 on every push
to the remote repo?  If so, then that would mean that version 0.8.1.5
means different things at different times.  I *really* don't like that.

-- jim.weirich at gmail.com