[Rake-devel] Tasks to aid installation?

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 11:24:04 EDT 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Mat Schaffer wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2007, at 10:38 AM, Hugh Sasse wrote:
> > http://rake.rubyforge.org/files/README.html
> >
> > <quote>
> > Supporting Rake version: 0.7.x
> >
> > This package contains Rake, a simple ruby build program with
> > capabilities similar to make.
> >
> > Rake has the following features:
> >                 [...]
> >     * A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles
> > easier.
> >       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > </quote>
> >
> > I can't see where they are documented. Hence my request that links
> > be put there, to point at docs for said prepackaged tasks.
> >
> >  [other stuff trimmed, as its relevance rather depends on what those
> > libraries will give me]
>
> OOooooo......
>
> I'm pretty sure that's referring to the *Task classes (that aren't
> core classes):

       [moved down ]
Oh, OK, that would be a sensible way to package them...

> I don't see how I can link directly to them thanks to the frames (the

You can grab the links for the Rdocs  -- which I've done below.
How to get this into the rdoc text though...

    * A library of prepackaged tasks [1,2,3,4,5,6,7] to make building rakefiles
with the links wired up...  Oh, maybe the form label[url],
can be used for this with a relative URL.  [1[http:/../classes/Rake/FileCreationTask.html],
 2[http:/../classes/Rake/FileTask.htm],...]

http://rake.rubyforge.org/classes/Rake/FileCreationTask.html

http://rake.rubyforge.org/classes/Rake/FileTask.html