[Rake-devel] Tasks to aid installation?

Mat Schaffer schapht at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 10:51:33 EDT 2007

On Jun 21, 2007, at 10:38 AM, Hugh Sasse wrote:
> http://rake.rubyforge.org/files/README.html
>
> <quote>
> Supporting Rake version: 0.7.x
>
> This package contains Rake, a simple ruby build program with
> capabilities similar to make.
>
> Rake has the following features:
>                 [...]
>     * A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles
> easier.
>       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> </quote>
>
> I can't see where they are documented. Hence my request that links
> be put there, to point at docs for said prepackaged tasks.
>
>  [other stuff trimmed, as its relevance rather depends on what those
> libraries will give me]

OOooooo......

I'm pretty sure that's referring to the *Task classes (that aren't
core classes):

Rake::FileCreationTask
Rake::FileTask
Rake::GemPackageTask
Rake::PackageTask
Rake::RDocTask
Rake::TestTask

Rake::MakefileLoader  <-- not a task, but might also help.

I don't see how I can link directly to them thanks to the frames (the
one thing I hate about rdocs), but you can get at them here: http://
rake.rubyforge.org/
-Mat