[Rake-devel] Tasks to aid installation?

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 10:38:08 EDT 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Mat Schaffer wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2007, at 9:37 AM, Hugh Sasse wrote:
> > Yes, it's been considered.  But Jeff hasn't decided to do this yet,
> > and it's his project.  I think that would be too big a change to
> > contribute at the moment, and...
>
> Again, I think you can do it without upsetting the current tree.  You
> just get less magic.
>
> > ...to do that I'd still want to use rake effectively, so I'd need be
> > able to find out about these tasks that I can't see links to.
>
> links?

http://rake.rubyforge.org/files/README.html

<quote>
Supporting Rake version: 0.7.x

This package contains Rake, a simple ruby build program with capabilities similar to make.

Rake has the following features:
                [...]
    * A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier.
</quote>

I can't see where they are documented. Hence my request that links
be put there, to point at docs for said prepackaged tasks.

 [other stuff trimmed, as its relevance rather depends on what those
libraries will give me]

        Hugh