[Rake-devel] Bug: rake clean removes core directory

Thomas Leitner t_leitner at gmx.at
Tue Jan 2 15:22:32 EST 2007

I happen to have a directory called doc/src/documentation/plugins/core
in my project directory and I manage my project with rake.

As I did a "rake clobber" I saw that the core directory was removed!
Fortunately, I use svn which did its job very well! :-)

However, I think that only core files should be removed, and not core
directories! I know too little of Rake::FileList and the internals
of rake to have a patch ready.

The bug seems to be originating from lib/rake/clean.rb

  CLEAN = Rake::FileList["**/*~", "**/*.bak", "**/core"]

After excluding the doc/src/documentation/plugins/core from the CLEAN
variable, the directory was not deleted anymore.