[Rake-devel] backwards dependency?

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 15:09:19 EST 2007

I'm confused. I'm trying to alter the dependencies of a premade rake
task, and while it accepts it, it's actully running the dependcy after
the task rather than before it. With this:

  Rake::GemPackageTask.new(spec) do |pkg|

  # Don't show the clobber task, just always clobber when
  # creating packages. Maybe in future ask to make sure.
  Rake::Task['clobber_package'].comment = nil
  Rake::Task['repackage'].comment = nil
  task :package => [:clobber_package]

Shouldn't it invoke clobber_package BEFORE package? I ran it with --
trace and it's clearly doing the opposite. What's up?