[Rake-devel] rakelibdir?

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Mon Oct 16 20:30:48 EDT 2006

Esad Hajdarevic wrote:
> Hi,
>>> Is -R option made for this at all? Does it support absolute pathnames? I
>>> looked at the rake source and
>>> Rake::Application#load_rakefile seems to search for the Rakefile first,
>>> and then imports the tasks.
>>>
>> Even though you supplied rake libraries, rake is still looking for a
>> main rakefile.
>>
> Is there a possibility to support the behaviour I want out of the box
> with rake? I even tried specified an empty or
> existing Rakefile, the .rake files from the directory I specified don't
> get included!

I just tried this on windows and it works fine.  However, I reviewed
your command line:

    rake -R=c:\utils\rake -T

Drop the = in the -R option.  One of the following options will work:

    rake -Rc:\utils\rake -T
    rake -R c:\utils\rake -T
    rake --rakelib=c:\utils\rake -T

The = form only works with the double-dash long version.