[Rake-devel] rakelibdir?

Esad Hajdarevic esad at esse.at
Mon Oct 16 14:36:38 EDT 2006

Hi, I'm trying to use -R (--rakelibdir) option to specify a directory
where my rake scripts containing some admin tasks reside.
Basically these tasks (contained within .rake files) should be available
from everywere, even if there's no Rakefile in the directory
I'm executing it from.

However (I'm using Windows XP), when I call rake like this:

rake -R=c:\utils\rake -T

I get following output

C:\>rake -R=c:\utils\rake -T
rake aborted!
No Rakefile found (looking for: rakefile, Rakefile, rakefile.rb,
Rakefile.rb)

Is -R option made for this at all? Does it support absolute pathnames? I
looked at the rake source and
Rake::Application#load_rakefile seems to search for the Rakefile first,
and then imports the tasks.

Greetings,

Esad