[Rake-devel] Using Rake as a Module instead of from the command line

John Clayton john at fivesquaresoftware.com
Mon May 15 15:54:25 EDT 2006

I have a project that is using Rake to do some build/deploy tasks.  A
framework we are using to accomplish this runs a rake command line to
get started.  But, it would be great for Rake to be able to use the
same resources as the framework (logging, notifications, etc.).  I
was thinking the way to accomplish this would be to load and
configure Rake objects directly, instead of calling system(rake), and
run Rake that way so that our Rakefile could use resources loaded in
the same interpreter.

Am I all whacked in my approach?  Does anyone have other ideas?