[Rake-devel] Building Ruby extensions with Rake

Tilman Sauerbeck tilman at code-monkey.de
Sat May 13 09:33:31 EDT 2006

Steve Sloan [2006-05-07 16:29]:
> First and foremost, I welcome feedback on my efforts.  I'm not sure if it's
> completely Rakish (nor, for that matter, completely Rubyish) so wanted input
> from any gurus.  Assuming it's at least satisfactory, I'd like to get these

This is pretty cool :)

However, I think I found a bug :p

>     # Same arguments as Rake::define_task
>     def initialize( args, &blk )
>       @env = @@DefaultEnv.dup
>       @name, @objs = resolve_args(args)

With the example you give in the source code, @objs will be initialized
to :foo, which is correct.

>       set_defaults
>       [...]
>     end
>
>     def set_defaults
>       [...]
>       @objs = [name.to_sym]
>     end

But afterwards, set_defaults will set @objs to [:sample], which will
fail of course. Maybe the last line should read:

@objs = [name.to_sym] unless @objs

or something :p

Regards,
Tilman