[Rake-devel] FileTask#needed? and FileTask#timestamp "bug"

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Tue Sep 6 00:41:38 EDT 2005

Regarding the behavior of timestamp when the file doesn't exist:

I went with the time stamp of a non-existing file should be a time stamp that
is earlier than any existing file.  The biggest reason is that using a late
time stamp for non-existing files would cause the target to be continually
rebuilt, and that just doesn't make sense.

Anyways, the change is in the 0.6.0 just out today.