[Rake-devel] Rake 0.6.0 Released

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Mon Sep 5 23:54:51 EDT 2005

On Monday 05 September 2005 10:12 pm, Daniel Berger wrote:
> --- Jim Weirich <jim at weirichhouse.org> wrote:
> > = Rake 0.6.0 Released
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> Glad to hear 0.6.0 is out!  A couple of
> suggestions/questions.
>
> * In the README file include instructions for how to
> run the test suite (for those of us installing from
> scratch instead of gems).  If there are already
> instructions somewhere, I didn't see them.

If you already have a version of rake installed:

   rake

If you don't have a version of rake installed:

  ruby -Ilib bin/rake

You're right, it should be documented.

> * Wasn't there a "test_all.rb" file, or something
> similar, that would run all the tests?  What happened
> to it?

Nope, never was.  (at least not in recent memory)

> * The $LOAD_PATH of the tests should be modified to
> ensure that they're testing against the current
> release, not an already-installed released.  See
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/djberg96/41703.html
> for what I mean.

That's unnecessary if testing using the built in Rake TestTask.  Rake makes
sure you always run the tests from the project directory (where ever the
Rakefile is located) and the TestTask makes sure your local library paths are
used in preference to the global ones.