[Rake-devel] test_each_dir_parent failure on Win32

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Fri May 6 11:21:15 EDT 2005

Berger, Daniel said:
> Hi all,
>
> This test failure appears to be separate from the shell issue:
>
> 5) Failure:
> test_each_dir_parent(TestRake) [./test/test_rake.rb:11]:
> <["c:/a/b", "c:/a", "c:"]> expected but was
>
> I'm not familiar enough with "alldirs" to know whether the third element
> should be "c:" or "c:/".  Thoughts?

This seems to be system dependent behavior.  On Linux, "c:" is probably
the right answer because it is not treating "c:" differently than any
other set of characters.  On windows, "c:/" is probably the better answer.

We can address this in the test case by allowing either option for test
success (or make a system dependent test).  Either way, I'm satisfied with
this.