[Rake-devel] Test organization

Lionel Thiry lthiry at skynet.be
Thu May 5 20:24:37 EDT 2005

Jim Weirich a écrit :
> On Thursday 05 May 2005 05:30 pm, Lionel Thiry wrote:
>
>>You mean that when I do "rake" in gems/rake-0.5.4, it is then the 0.5.3
>>that is actually run, and 0.5.4 that is tested? Or am I still missing the
>>point?
>

> Oh, I think I see your confusion.  If you install a gem, then go to the gem's
> directory and run the tests, then yes, the version under test and the version
> running the test are the same (because you just installed that version).
>
> The key is to not install rake before you test it.  Then you won't run into
> that problem.

Ok, I think I understand. You have your installed rake on one side, and your
next-version not-yet-installed still-under-work rake (probably from CVS).

But then how am I supposed to test the beta gems, and work on them, whithout
installing them? Is there some gem command to just unpack the gem in my working
directory?

--
Lionel Thiry

Personal website: http://users.skynet.be/lthiry/