[Rake-devel] Test organization

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Thu May 5 20:06:27 EDT 2005

On Thursday 05 May 2005 05:30 pm, Lionel Thiry wrote:
> You mean that when I do "rake" in gems/rake-0.5.4, it is then the 0.5.3
> that is actually run, and 0.5.4 that is tested? Or am I still missing the
> point?

Oh, I think I see your confusion.  If you install a gem, then go to the gem's
directory and run the tests, then yes, the version under test and the version
running the test are the same (because you just installed that version).

The key is to not install rake before you test it.  Then you won't run into
that problem.