[Rake-devel] Option parsing

Patrick Bennett patrick.bennett at inin.com
Tue Mar 22 18:01:45 EST 2005

Jim, do you have any plans to switch rake to use optparse for option
The current use of optparse, as well as the insistence that *all*
options have long *and* short options is proving to be kind of limiting.
There are a number of options I'd like to add (logging options for one)
for my own purposed that I'd like to simply be --long options only as
coming up with variations of single letter equivalents just makes it too
confusing to the user.
The current rake setup doesn't allow this.  I think the current
requirement that everything be in a long/short options array is partly
to provide 'help,' but optparse also happens to handle that really well
already. :)

Patrick Bennett