[Rake-devel] Multiple Rakefile build

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Sat Dec 3 08:12:15 EST 2005

Patrick Bennett said:
> What makes sense in my mind at least, is to mix the models (or at least
> support it ;>).
> This makes some sense, but if you see the only option is to either load
> everything all at once and then run, or to load one rakefile and run,
> with no alternative in between, then I disagree.
> However, if you intend on this being the one, true way, then I think
> you're being a tad short-sighted.

Sorry Patrick ... I keep forgetting about your tremendously *huge* build
system.   I'm thrilled you are using Rake to build it and don't have any
problems with the way you are approaching it.

That being said, I think I would push the "one Rakefile" approach until it
becomes unwieldy (and it seems clear that your system is way beyond that