[Rake-devel] RE: Rules in Rake

Link, Claudius cla at zuehlke.com
Fri Sep 3 03:18:54 EDT 2004

That's it!!!

I was completely unaware that rules were file based.

I was expecting something like
if no target exist check the rules in the order of the definition,
if a expression matches, calculate the dependencies (and execute
if necessary (no rules synthesised here)),
do as tolled in the block.

I think this was wishful thinking as I was trying to apply it
to none file based tasks.
Also I think rule can be extended for this it would be hard to
implement a way to determine the rules doesn't need to be executed
at all (not to run the second time could be simply done by
internally creating a task).