[Rake-devel] Quick Fix for windows users

Pierre Baillet oct at zoy.org
Tue Jun 8 16:18:39 EDT 2004

I ran rake from my windows command line today for the first time.
Found one error, in lib/rake.rb:
in class FileTask, method timestamp. I think one should read:

def timestamp

As what it seems to do is to pick up the timestamp of a given folder
(file sometimes ?)

The original File.new probably tries to create a file which on Windows
XP Pro (at least) gives a pretty permission error.

Moreover the RubyGem I installed on my box has a bug in the rake.cmd
that is generated. One should read "ruby whateverpathtoruby/bin/gem
%1..." instead of the failing "ruby gem %1...."

I suppose this is rather a problem related to rubygem...

Pierre Baillet
It is bad when one thing becomes two. One should not look for anything else in
the Way of the Samurai. It is the same for anything that is called a Way. If
one understands things in this manner, he should be able to hear about all ways
and be more and more in accord with his own.
Ghost Dog - The Way of the Samouraï