[Rake-devel] Problems with Rake TestTask on Windows

Fastmail ykulkarni at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 17 08:05:50 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm using Ruby 1.8.2 on Windows and Rake 0.4.4.... and found that tests (using the TestTask) dont seem to be running properly as part of the build.

The problem seems to be that the TestTask tries to execute something like:

ruby -Ilib:test -e0 \
 -rtest/unit/login_controller_test \
 -rtest/unit/user_test

and I think the "\" is causing the problem. When I modified rake's TestTask to not add the "\", the tests run fine.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong. Any inputs would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Yogi