[Rake-devel] Gem task fails to register in 'rake -T' output

Jim Weirich jweirich at one.net
Thu Dec 4 23:01:23 EST 2003

Jim Menard wrote:
> Gavin,
>
> On Dec 4, 2003, at 5:06 AM, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
>
>> Notice in the output below that 'gem' does not appear as a task, but
>> 'rake gem' is accepted and does what it should.
>

> Does the gem task have a description? I think only tasks that have
> descriptions are included in the output of -T.

No, it doesn't have a description.  When I went to write one, I realized
that the zip and tar targets didn't have corresponding targets (e.g.
:zip and :tar), so I'm not sure if the gem target will stay, and
therefore I decided /not/ to document it (for now).

:gem target ... Go or stay?  What about :zip & :tar?
I'm sitting on a fence on this one.

--
-- Jim Weirich       jweirich at one.net      http://onestepback.org