c10k paradigm

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Mon Apr 15 19:34:03 UTC 2013

Alexandre Riveira <alexandre at objectdata.com.br> wrote:
> Em 15-04-2013 18:30, Eric Wong escreveu:
> >Alexandre Riveira <alexandre at objectdata.com.br> wrote:
> >>What is A better paradigm for C10K paradigm
> >>

> >> From what I'm seeing are the best:
> >>
> >>EventMachine (less memory and cpu usage)
> >Not all DB adapters are fully non-blocking.  If you want to do uncached
> >filesystem I/O, you'll either have to use threads or block, too.
>
> would be possible to combine being EventMachine and Threads,
> If the thread is blocked it would to anotherexample:
>
>  use :EventMachine, :pool_size => 50

(top-posting corrected, Cc: to list re-added)

Yes, you would use EventMachine.threadpool_size = 50, though, with
Rainbows::EventMachine::TryDefer

http://rainbows.rubyforge.org/Rainbows/EventMachine/TryDefer.html

I forgot about this, not sure if it's used much, but "app.deferred?" is
an ad-hoc extension which Thin also supports