Rainbows on Heroku Issues

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Thu Jun 7 04:17:49 UTC 2012

Kunal Modi <kunalm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to run Rainbows on Heroku and I'm getting some odd errors,
> I was wondering if anyone had any explanation / idea on how to solve.
> I created a simple Rails 3.1/Ruby 1.9.3 app to test Unicorn/Rainbows
> on Heroku (just a simple endpoint that responds with simple json). The
> app worked as expected with Unicorn, but has some odd tendencies on
> Heroku when using Rainbows.
>
> The request completely processes in Heroku, but always waits
> keepalive_timeout time before actually returning the response:

Try adding Rack::ContentLength and/or Rack::Chunked middleware.

You might be missing a Content-Length or "Transfer-Encoding: chunked"
header in the response, so the client is assuming HTTP/1.0 semantics
and waiting for the connection to close.  HTTP/1.1 requires either
Content-Length or chunked transfer-encoding to do persistent
connections.