Unicorn is killing our rainbows workers

Samuel Kadolph samuel.kadolph at jadedpixel.com
Wed Jul 18 18:52:50 UTC 2012

Hey rainbows-talk,

We have 40 servers that each run rainbows with 2 workers with 100
threads using ThreadPool. We're having an issue where unicorn is
killing the worker process. We use ThreadTimeout (set to 70 seconds)
and originally had the unicorn timeout set to 150 seconds and we're
seeing unicorn eventually killing each worker. So we bumped the
timeout to 300 seconds and it took about 5 minutes but we started
seeing unicorn starting to kill workers again. You can see our stderr
log file (timeout at 300s) at
https://gist.github.com/9ec96922e55a59753997. Any insight into why
unicorn is killing our ThreadPool workers would help us greatly. If
you require additional info I would be happy to provide it.

Samuel Kadolph
samuel.kadolph at shopify.com
16134043579