Rainbows and 2.0.0pre - thread safety

Kyle Drake kyledrake at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 16:51:23 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

I've setup a load test for Rainbows with Rubinius 2.0.0pre:

https://github.com/kyledrake/rubinius-sinatra-loadtesting/tree/master/rainbows

When I load test it on 2.0.0pre (via rvm and with apache bench), it
has a lot of weird, random errors. My current hypothesis is this is a
bug pertaining to thread safety in Rubinius, but someone suggested I
post it here so you could take a look. Tried both ThreadSpawn and
ThreadPool. I also made a test for Mongrel (which has similar errors),
and Thin (which works fine, but doesn't really utilize threads so it
doesn't mean anything).

It would also be nice to know which deploy strategy would work well
for Rubinius' threading. I wasn't sure if ThreadSpawn or ThreadPool
made more sense so I tried both.

Cheers!

-Kyle