Zbatery/Rainbows keepalive problem?

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Sat Nov 27 03:50:11 EST 2010

Jake Douglas <jakecdouglas at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Eric Wong <normalperson at yhbt.net> wrote:
> >
> > The normal Rails "render" path already seems[1] to add Content-Length;
> > are you doing something else to send responses from Rails?
> I am not doing anything special to send responses from Rails, only 'render'.
> I can see in my browser that keep-alive is set, and Content-Length is
> also set. It looks like the first couple requests finish quickly, and
> then the remaining take an additional 5 seconds each. It seems the
> browser is hanging for the default keep-alive timeout of 5 seconds on
> each request before proceeding. This happens with different browsers.

Interesting.  I rarely actually do anything with a full web browser,
but I can confirm keepalive works as expected with curl...  Is there
anything in your error logs such as exceptions being thrown by your

Can anybody else reproduce this behavior Jake is seeing?

> Is there additional information I can provide to give better insight
> into why this is happening?

tcpdump or similar output would be useful, thanks!