rainbows deployment.

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Wed Mar 24 14:51:58 EDT 2010

Christoph Sturm <me at christophsturm.com> wrote:
> Hey rainbows peeps!
>
> in a deployment scenario, do i run rainbows behind nginx like unicorn,
> or is the best scenario to run it without?

Hi Christoph,

I do both, depending on the situation.  As I've developed more
confidence in Rainbows!, I've found it easier to manage/hand-off apps
with Rainbows!-only deployments as there are fewer moving parts to deal
with.

Static file performance is acceptable with Rainbows! for most
situations, however it's unlikely to ever be as fast as nginx/lighttpd
for static files.

I'd love to hear other people's deployment experiences with Rainbows!,
too.

> our app has pretty short requests, we use rainbows mainly to get an
> eventmachine loop.

Give it a shot, it's more than likely to work.  EM is very scalable and
handles slow connections very well.