rainbows deployment.

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Wed Mar 24 14:51:58 EDT 2010

Christoph Sturm <me at christophsturm.com> wrote:
> Hey rainbows peeps!
> in a deployment scenario, do i run rainbows behind nginx like unicorn,
> or is the best scenario to run it without?

Hi Christoph,

I do both, depending on the situation.  As I've developed more
confidence in Rainbows!, I've found it easier to manage/hand-off apps
with Rainbows!-only deployments as there are fewer moving parts to deal

Static file performance is acceptable with Rainbows! for most
situations, however it's unlikely to ever be as fast as nginx/lighttpd
for static files.

I'd love to hear other people's deployment experiences with Rainbows!,

> our app has pretty short requests, we use rainbows mainly to get an
> eventmachine loop.

Give it a shot, it's more than likely to work.  EM is very scalable and
handles slow connections very well.