[ANN] Rainbows! 2.1.0 - Cool.io, bugfixes and more!
normalperson at yhbt.net
Tue Dec 28 21:28:32 EST 2010
Rainbows! is an HTTP server for sleepy Rack applications. It is based on
Unicorn, but designed to handle applications that expect long
request/response times and/or slow clients.
* rainbows-talk at rubyforge.org
Cool.io (new version of Rev) support is explicitly added
(it always worked before). ":Coolio" may be used in place
of ":Rev" anywhere in your Rainbows! config file.
There is a new "keepalive_requests" config directive to limit
the number of requests a single connection may make (default:
100, same as nginx). This may be useful for better
The old "Rev" prefixes remain supported as long as Cool.io
remains compatible with Rev (likely forever).
* Rainbows::ThreadTimeout middleware with multiple clients
* large, pipelined upload errors with Revactor+Coolio(Rev)
* high CPU usage for maintaining idle keepalive on *Fiber*
* needless ThreadPool wakeups
* request env prematurely cleared keepalive requests,
breaking some middlewares such as Clogger.
* "close" not called on body if wrapper and sendfile used together
See the ChangeLog or git for all changes.
More information about the rainbows-talk