per-client timeouts disabled in rainbows.git

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Tue Oct 13 02:26:02 EDT 2009

Since we can handle hundreds (if not thousands of concurrent clients),
per-process and spawn multiple processes, I think I'll leave those
timeouts disabled for now to keep the code simple.

Even if timeouts were enabled, it's still possible to write a simple
client that can keep a connection alive forever on end with periodic
requests...

I haven't seen a lot of idle/sleepy client attacks so I suspect
kiddies have better things to do than to DoS in this fashion.

Of course, the per-process timeout is still enabled in case your
app hits a blocking syscall/loop that freezes your entire process.