[ANN] LMGTWTY: Web Sockets Library for Rack+Rainbows!

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Fri Dec 11 06:50:41 EST 2009

LMGTWTY is a Rainbows! (and Zbatery) Rack library for Web Sockets.  It
uses unofficial extensions in rainbows.git for Rack which are subject to
change, but it appears to work well enough for the echo_client.py
example shipped with pywebsocket.

It has not been tested against normal web browsers, though there's
no reason it shouldn't work.

It currently depends on the git version of Rainbows.

http://git.bogomips.org/cgit/lmgtwty.git
http://git.bogomips.org/cgit/rainbows.git

There are no releases yet, just grab from git
(install the wonderful "iobuffer" gem, too).

The API is subject to change (like Web Sockets itself (I think)).  This
was done completely on a whim tonight, with no thought or planning
beforehand.  So I can't say I'm completely happy with the API.

At least I believe I finally understand Ruby 1.9 encodings
after writing Lmgtwty::IO (having read and reread article after
article on it over the past few years)...

Just send and email and follow instructions to subscribe.