[Nitro] list of Nitro Powered sites?

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:30:35 EDT 2009

Indeed, I am not working on the public Ruby version of Nitro any more
(although I am maintaining a heavily customized version used on
http://www.me.gr)

However, I am working on a JavaScript version of Nitro:
www.github.com/gmosx/nitro

It's at the very early stages (ie it is expected to change a lot) and the
philosophy is quite different than the old Ruby version.

If you liked the old version you should indeed check out Ramaze.

regards,
George.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Dan North <tastapod at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi William.
>
> The Nitro world has gone quiet. George stopped actively developing it and
> the Og ORM was spun off into its own project.
>
> Take a look at ramaze <http://ramaze.net/> for a non-rails web stack with
> a very similar feel to nitro. It plays nice with about every view/template
> technology and ORM you can think of  - including the sucky ActiveRecord and
> the lovely Og - and you can be up and running as quick as you can type:
>
> require 'ramaze'
>
> class MainController < Ramaze::Controller
>   def index
>     "hello"
>   end
> end
>
> Ramaze.start
>
> With nary a database configuration in sight.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
>

> 2009/3/24 * William <william.full.moon at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi all...
>>
>> I've been busy on my researches, and have some time to connect back with
>> the Og/Nitro gang.  Actually I'd like a nice mature, non-rails ruby bases
>> web deployment system to generate interest in FOSS development in my local
>> (geographical) area.
>>
>> There is no reason to not do Rails, it is a career move for some people I
>> think.  I tend to thin the Nitro way is 'better'.  I also think that
>> mono-culture is a poor substitute for thinking.  To mis-use Tolkein, "There
>> can NOT be only one framework to rule them all".  For me.
>>
>> I would like some example URI-s for Nitro powered and Nitro derived web
>> sites that you Know or Own?
>>
>> Thanks for you help, in advance.
>>
>> aloha,
>>         \_w_/