[Nitro] The future of Nitro, Og and Raw

chris prpht9 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 20:16:35 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 5:58 PM, James Britt <james.britt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dan North wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris.
>>
>> I'm probably the last guy in the room - I promised to switch off the
>> lights
>> :)
>>
>> Have you seen ramaze <http://ramaze.net>? It seems inspired by the same
>> values as nitro, and there is a lot of energy behind it at the moment. I
>> would check with trans and george whether your time might be better spent
>> helping out with ramaze (which already considers og a first class ORM
>> along
>> with sequel, datamapper and activerecord).
>>

> While Ramaze is clearly based off ideas in Nitro (if not Nitro itself), I
> don't think it has quite the same approach to pipelining transformations and
> filtering.
>
> It would be well worth looking at the essential differences between Ramaze
> and Nitro and considering if effort is better spent in adding Nitro aspects
> to Ramaze (either directly or as some sort of plugin).
>
> If that's not feasible, then having Nitro spring back to life would be
> quite cool.

The core mission of what I'm shooting for with nitro will be published here
by the end of next week.  I will also be bringing in some short term goals,
long term goals and a roadmap for nitro.  I hope this will clear up the
ramaze v/s nitro debate and/or create some discussion as to what options we
have.  If ramaze meets up to what I'm looking for, maybe I will let nitro go
back to sleep.

.